*cookiie; too faced eyeshadows (review)

Second post of the year! I'm sorry that I broke my promise to post this before we went to London, but it was just so busy. We bought a lot in London as you can see on Milk's post. I'll post about my haul later, since I did get some other stuff that might be worth mentioning. :)

So for this post, I'll review my Too Faced Eye Shadow Insurance Policy and my Too Faced World Domination Tour All Access Backstage Beauty Collection eyeshadow palettes.


You can probably see it in every store that sells Too Faced products, but for the ones who haven't seen it yet, this is how the Too Faced Eye Shadow Insurance Policy palette look like. It's actually some sort of set that comes with a full size Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which was actually my reason for buying it. The six eyeshadows are also full sized and I think you can buy them as single eyeshadows too. I bought it on Ebay for €30 (around USD$40).

The packaging.


The inside

I don't have the whole packaging anymore, but it arrived inside a plastic clear box. If you look on that picture, you can see that it has a black elastic band at the bottom-left side of the palette; that's where the Shadow Insurance was put in place. It's not the prettiest packaging that I've seen, but it sure is a very travel-friendly palette as it is very small (4x3.5 inches/10.5x9.5 cm) and you can just put it in your make up bag and take it with you to anywhere.

The product.


Swatches; primed with the Shadow Insurance (click for close up)

I would say it's quite pigmentated, but you do need to build it up if you want the colours to really show up, even when you put it on after priming your eyes. They do have shimmers in it, so you'd probably need to use this palette combined with some matte eyeshadows.


The Too Faced World Domination Tour All Access Backstage Beauty Collection palette (box)

The packaging.


This palette comes in a box as shown on the picture, so it's a lot less travel-friendly. I also have trouble storing it because of it's size, so I wouldn't buy it if you don't have much space to store your make up like me. I honestly only bought it because it was discounted a lot in the Sephora stores in Holland. I'll put some more pictures of the packaging at the end of the post if anyone is interested, but this picture has the focus on the eyeshadow area.

The product.


Swatches; once again, primed with the Shadow Insurance (click for close up)

I don't think these eyeshadows are sold seperately, so maybe that's why the formula seems different. They are a lot less pigmented compared to the eyeshadows on the Shadow Insurance palette, but they are still quite nice after building it up for a little bit. Some have shimmers in it, while some are completely matte. However, the colours are quite at random so you can't really use this palette alone, unless you're going for a very colourful look.

The verdict.

Quite nice eyeshadows! That's basically what I think of these. I can't use these alone, but they do offer a variety of special and nice colours. I recommend getting them if you're still collecting eyeshadow colours and want to play around with different kind of colours and shades. If you're looking for something you can carry around alone, then these palettes are not really suitable.

Rating: 4/5


I might have missed mentioning anything important, so if there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask by commenting or emailing me at milkncookiie@gmail.com ^^.

Extra: more pictures of the Too Faced World Domination Tour All Access Backstage Beauty Collection box. Aside from the eight eyeshadows, it also has a blush, two bronzers, a face illuminator, a brow powder, an eyeliner cake and six lipglosses (as mentioned in the official description).





Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes