More awards; thank you!

We received loads of awards in the past couple of weeks so we decided to post everything together in one post. Thank you so much for nominating us! We feel loved. ♥♥♥

Thank you Elle for nominating us for the 'I think you are an awesome girl' award. She's relatively new to the blogger world like us, so please check out her blog if you haven't yet. ^^



For this award we had to list 10 facts about ourselves. We also got nominated by Lisa and Liz for the 'Gorgeous blogger' award which required us to list 6 facts about us. And because we're not very interesting people, we grouped both together and just listed 10 interesting facts. Hehe :P


Milk*

1. People around us get confused whenever they hear Cookiie and I talk to each other. We mix all kinds of languages together like Dutch, Cantonese and English with a bit of random Japanese and Korean words.

2. I have a really odd habit of walking around the house while I brush my teeth. For some reason I don't like to stand still in the bathroom.

3. Usually, your index finger and ring finger should be about the same length, but my index finger is way longer than my ring finger.

4. I have weird uneven eyelids. The crease of my left eyelid is a lot more prominent than my right.

5. I'm very clumsy. I haven't had a bruise-free day in years because I always bump into stuff. Cookiie says that sometimes I don't even give a reaction when I accidentally hurt myself.

6. Because I have anemia, I sometimes have ridiculously cold hands and feet. In the winter, my hands feel like ice cubes and people always get startled when I touch them. (Twilight much?)

7. You know those cartoons where animals act like humans? They just freak me out- especially when they wear clothes! It depends on how they are drawn though, but Oliver Twist the cartoon scares me.

8. I dislike amusement parks. I always end up being the ‘coat rack’ because I never go on the rides. I’m terribly afraid of heights!

9. People always compliment me on my handwriting because it’s so ‘neat’, but I always envy girls who have a very cute handwriting.

10. You have a bigger chance of spotting a yeti than to see me wearing a dress and heels or at least according to some of my friends.


Cookiie*

1. I think my hair is more than 1/3 of my total height. Just recently, one classmate realized how long my hair is (sometimes you can't tell because it's layered so much) and was convinced that I just had extensions done during the weekends.

2. My bad habit while brushing my teeth is even worse; I tend to just walk in circles. When I'm too tired for that, I'd sit down so I won't move around randomly.

3. I can type really fast and pretty accurate if I want to. Went on the internet for the first time when I was seven, and never lived without it since..

4. My hair is dark brown and there will even be some dark blonde/red streaks in it during summer. I don't bleach or dye my hair at all, so I'm not quite sure why my hair is so "mutated". D:

5. When I just started learning how to write and read, I was a hardcore reader and went to the library daily. Nowadays, I can't even manage to read the books I need for school..

6. They say I'm 100% Chinese but my mom always joke around that I look Malay/Indonesian/Indian Buddha according to Milk. I'm naturally tanned and my eyes are somewhat light brown (in sun-/spotlight). My eyelashes are incredibly short and straight though.

7. My dad owns his own chinese take away place and I've been working there since I was twelve. Not even 18 yet and I'm already a veteran (..in frying things and taking orders)!

8. At school, I'm basically average at every subject. I get the basics and understand things quickly when I can, but usually when they go deeper and I don't get it, then I'm just basically screwed I really need to work hard to get a good grade anyways.

9. I've been told to know how to walk heels good. Somehow I've walked on them since I was very little so I'm pretty used to it. However, I hate how heels that are taller than 7 cms will hurt my feet badly so I can barely ever "extend" myself effectively.

10. I've been "taking A-levels" since I was about 16. The Dutch school system is divided in levels based on potential and determination; the "highest" level is apparantly comparable to taking A-levels. I have no friggin' idea of how much of that is actually true, but I loved to see people being confused when I said that.


And then from Lisa and Blovet we received the 'Hottest female blogger' award.



Question: If you were going to allow us to spend a night at your home, we'd like to know the following:

Milk*

1. What books are on your favorite shelf?
This is kind of embarassing to admit, but I love to read chicklit. I have a bunch of Jill Mansell books.

2. What DVDs are on your favorite shelf?
None. I don't really buy DVDs and I don't have a favorite shelf either.

3. What are your two favorite cookbooks?
I don't own any. I like to get the magazine from the supermarket though; It has a ton of recipes in it.

4. Select 1-3 recipes you will cook for your special guests.
Actually, I would really want to try and make bento box lunches.

5. What will we be drinking that's available?
Mostly tea and fruit juices. I think green tea would be the most suitable.



Cookiie*

1. What books are on your favorite shelf?
I don't really read a lot of books since I stopped reading actively when I got too busy with other stuff. I guess I'll have to go with the Harry Potter series? I really like English/American books though, I wish I'd make some more time to read some.

2. What DVDs are on your favorite shelf?
Don't really watch DVDs, but I really liked 'Twilight' (duh) and Transformers 2 (from the movies I watched recently). For shows I'd say Grey's Anatomy, Private Practise and Gossip Girl.

3. What are your two favorite cookbooks?
Don't really have those, sorry! I think I got two dutch cookbooks from friends but I don't really use them.

4. Select 1-3 recipes you will cook for your special guests.
I'd like to cook Korean food if someone teaches me! Something like Kimchi Jjigae or Ddukbokgi (Yum!). For people who can't really stand hot food, I can make some pretty good sushi. :P

5. What will we be drinking that's available?
Lots of ice tea (and normal tea), juice, lemonade and water. We also have a Nespresso machine at home, so we're deliciously caffeine friendly!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes